Paediatric surgery is a specialised branch of surgery, managing a broad range of conditions affecting children. Having completed her training through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Paediatric Surgery, Dr Ah Toy is trained in the care of:
- Common paediatric surgical conditions
- Inguinal hernia and hydrocele
- Undescended testes
- Umbilical and epigastric hernias
Antenatal counselling and neonatal surgery
Some babies are diagnosed with conditions in the womb that are likely to require paediatric surgery care or follow up after birth. In consultation with your Obstetrician, Dr Ah Toy is happy to discuss with you the expected surgical care of your baby in the short, medium and long term after birth.
Abdominal surgical conditions, including:
- Pyloric stenosis
- Meckel’s diverticulum
- Surgical management of gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Surgical management of gallstones in children
- Surgical management of splenic conditions in children
This primarily relates to conditions of the lung that children may be born with, but also includes the emergency management of pneumothorax and empyema.
Dr Ah Toy has an interest in the minimally invasive surgical management of non-cardiac thoracic conditions.
Dr Ah Toy is trained in the management of surgical conditions affecting the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra, including pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction and hypospadias.
Head and neck conditions
- Including tongue tie, branchial remnants, thyroglossal duct remnants
Skin and soft tissue lesions
Paediatric burns and scar management